03.2023 | WELCOME BACK! Hello friends old and new! I'm so excited to welcome you all back to SITW! I've made some changes to the plot and added the ability to play supernatural charcaters! So come and check it out! I can't wait to jump back into this little town with all of you!
A strange history surrounds the town, it is a place where mysterious and supernatural things have been known to happen. The reputation of the town reguarly draws in visitors and newcomers alike. While some residents avidly believe in the supernatural, others are far more skeptical. What do you believe?
HUMANS Standard humans. Humans make up the large majority of the population with only a small percentage being non-human. They are the only species that does not have to live in secret. Humans are largely unaware of the supernatural population though some are believers and some are skeptics, very few if any have any real evidence or experience that would prove the existence of the supernatural.
Weaknesses: Susceptible to supernatural influence.
Average life span: 75-80 years
VAMPIRES Overall, their appearance is mostly that of a human though their skin can be cooler to the touch, especially if they have not recently fed on blood. While they can eat regular food they have a low appetite for it, mostly nibbling for the sake of keeping up appearances. They require blood to survive, averaging about a pint each week. The can technically survive on animal blood but lose their abilities if they do so. They can go out into the sun though they are more sensitive to it, burning easily. Most vampires will wear sunglasses and long sleeved clothes out in the sun or else wait until it's less strong either in the mornings or the evenings before going out into sunlight. They thrive in the darkness.
A person is turned into a vampire when they are drained of blood until nearly dead and then fed vampire blood. When they wake up it is with a desperate need to feed. Newly turned vampires have a harder time of controlling their hunger for the first year which makes their bond with their sire all the more important. Vampires have a unique connection to the vampire that sired them; that is, they have an instinctual desire to obey and protect their sire. They can choose to resist this instinct, but it is hard to do so and uncomfortable. A sire can telepathically 'call' their offspring to come to them. This is not a voice but a sudden pull that nearly forces the offspring to go to their sire, following that sense to find them.
Most of the vampires in Sweetwater are part of the same coven under their coven leader. When joining the coven they are blood bound to the leader and feel a similar, though slightly less intense, draw to obey and protect the coven leader. Details on the Coven here.
Abilities: Above average strength and super speed. Their blood has healing properties allowing themselves to heal from any wounds (besides death) they receive (the bigger the wound the longer it takes to heal) as well as use their blood to heal others. Blood rubbed on the body can heal minor injuries where drinking it is required for larger ones. They have better eyesight than humans in the dark but not as good as werewolves (50% what werewolves can see).
Weaknesses: If they don't drink blood as needed they will go into a dormant state and can remain that way for up to a few years before their bodies wither away. The only other way to kill a vampire is by beheading or running a wooden stake through their heart.
Average life span: Immortal (Oldest playable vampires are no more than 1,000 years). Vampires stop aging from the moment they are turned.
WEREWOLVES A person who has the ability to turn into a werewolf both by choice at any time and by force during the full moon. The werewolf gene is hereditary as well as being turned through bites. A werewolf mating with another werewolf will have a 90% chance of producing a werewolf. A werewolf with a human has a 50% chance. Born werewolves will undergo their first transformation around the time of late puberty, typically between 14 and 17 years of age. If bitten, a human will have a 50% chance of turning into a werewolf, a 35% chance of death, and a 15% chance of survival though they will get a severe fever at every full moon. If the bite was minor, like a scraping of teeth than a full bite than chances of survival rise (reach out to Lyla if that happens to confirm how to proceed). A supernatural creature cannot turn into a werewolf. A vampire has a 25% chance of death and a siren has a 75% chance of death. A newly turned werewolf can be unpredictable when forced to turn on the full moon, being more ravenous than their more experienced counterparts.
Werewolves are naturally hungry for most of the day with a near constant desire to be eating, though their very high metabolism keeps them looking healthy and fit. They also tend to prefer raw or lesser cooked meats. When in their wolf form they are as large as a house and their wolf form can be any coloring of a typical wolf.
Born werewolves sometimes will imprint on another wolf, or occasionally a human. When that happens their desire to be with that person romantically for the rest of their lives is nearly all consuming. They will do everything in their power to keep that person safe. Imprints between wolves are usually but not always mutual.
Werewolves are naturally drawn towards community, it is an intense need inside of them and any wolves that try to live a solitary life find it to be extremely difficult as their senses naturally draw them towards their kind. There are 2 werewolf packs in Sweetwater, both are quick to seek out newly turned wolves in the hopes of having them join their pack before the other can get to them. There is a lot of competitiveness and tension between the two packs. Each is led by an Alpha. Details on the werewolf packs here.
Abilities: Highly sensitive hearing and smell, quick speed (not as fast as vampires), and can see just as clearly in the night as they can during the day. Hearing and smell can be accessed in both human and wolf form while speed and sight can only be accessed as a wolf.
Weaknesses: All werewolves are sensitive to pure silver which burns their skin in both forms. They can be killed by silver bullets and by ingesting a poison called wolfsbane.
Average life span: 150-200 years. After puberty they age more slowly, making them appear younger for longer.
SIRENS Sirens can only be born, not turned, but not all their offspring will inherit get the gene. There is a 75% their daughters will get the gene and only a 5% chance that their sons will get it. A siren/siren pairing is rare due to how few male sirens there are but rather than increasing the likelihood to produce sirens as one might expect, such a pair will only produce humans. (*Limit 2 per member)
Sirens appear human with nothing physical to differentiate them unless they choose to while in water. Siren's do not have an organized group like werewolves and vampires do but they do meet together often for a sense of community.
Abilities: Can choose to have tails when submerged in water, can breathe underwater, and can swim quickly in water in either form but even more efficiently with a tail. Siren song: Through speaking or singing a siren can choose to use their voice to lure others into doing what they want. The effect is a powerful and inexplicable urge to obey but can be resisted if not performed carefully or if the person has a strong will (other supernaturals are more likely to be able to resist). When used in song form it is even more powerful and can put their prey into a trace like state.
Weaknesses: Can be killed by any normal means. Have a natural fear of fire which would burn them hotter and more quickly than an average person.
Average life span: 100-150 years. They age slower than humans and seem to stop aging entirely around the time they turn 40, still looking young even when they die of old age.
PHOENIX Phoenix are the rarest of the supernatural species (*limit 1 per member). It neither hereditary nor caused by transference. It is simply a random occurrence that a baby is born as a phoenix. They appear as a typical human unless they choose to show their wings. They have an air of wisdom about them, especially those who have been reborn more than once.
They have a love of warmth, light, and the sun, looking for sources of heat and never seeming to sweat or get overheated. They likewise dislike the cold as being too cold physically makes them sluggish and have a natural discomfort in darkness, preferring some form of light. They are solitary creatures and do not gather like the other supernatural creatures do. They have a respect for all living things but typically choose to mostly keep to themselves when it comes to community building among their kind or the supernatural community at large.
Abilities: Impervious to any supernatural abilities used against them (vampire/werewolf bites, siren song, etc). Flight via the use of wings that they can extract from their shoulders. Each phoenix has different wings and can look like pretty much any flying animal you can think of. Phoenix have minor fire abilities such as lighting a candle or a fireplace and tossing a small fireball, no bigger than a tennis ball. Once lit they do not have control of how the flame burns and it can only be put out by normal means. A phoenix's tears have healing powers that can be used on humans and supernaturals. These tears can stop the process of a human being turned into a vampire or a werewolf.
Weaknesses: Can be killed by non-supernatural means.
Average life span: Immortal through resurrection. They age just as a human would and if they die of old age (with the same lifespan of a human) then they are reborn again as a child. If they are killed before that they will be resurrected to the same age as they were when they died. There is a 50/50 chance they will either come back in the same body as before or as an entirely new one. (If this happens in play there will be a live coin flip between Lyla and the member to determine how they come back).